Accommodation / Iceland
Frost and Fire (Frost og Funi)
Hotel Frost and Fire (Frost og Funi) is located on the banks of the River Varmá in the town of Hveragerði. This is one of the most active geothermal locations in the world and the hotel is surrounded by natural hot springs and steaming hillsides.
This quaint guesthouse definitely makes the most of what nature has provided; it offers breathtaking views across the River Varmá, the steaming springs and Mt. Reykjafjall.
- The hotel is small and has just 22 rooms in total meaning that this is a relaxing place in which to spend time in Iceland. Upon arrival, you immediately sense the feeling of exclusivity
- The rooms are situated on the riverside and afford countryside views. The rooms are situated a very short walk from the main restaurant and reception area
- The well-regarded restaurant serves an à la carte menu in the evenings, with a variety of delicious Icelandic dishes. Sourcing local produce (including organic tea, coffee, free-range eggs and vegetables) is something that the hotel takes pride in. Be sure to try the traditional delicacy of smoked trout and take the chance to boil your own breakfast eggs in an ancient hot spring!
- The hotel offers guests a 12-metre outdoor swimming pool which is a favourite during the summer months
- Guests can relax in the hotel's sauna, natural steam room and outdoor hot tub. Ideal for relaxation and pampering after a day in the countryside. Bathrobes and slippers are provided for all guests
Double or twin bedroom
All the en suite rooms are very well designed with comfort and style in mind and feature Icelandic art. They are modern in style and come well equipped with a TV, wireless internet and tea and coffee making facilities.
01670 785 085