Working for us
Working for Artisan Travel
We are a happy old bunch here at Artisan and through our investment in people we have what we think is the best team in the country. We have a wonderfully vibrant and mixed team of all ages and welcome new staff wholeheartedly.
We're based in a converted barn in rural Northumberland and aside from a fairly poor internet speed we love where we are. There are often walks in the fields at lunchtime and trips to the local farm shop for lunch – we like to make the most of the fact that we aren't city bound and can get out and about.
We all share a common love and passion for travel, a strong responsible ethos and work exceedingly hard to ensure that our clients receive the best possible experience.
If you would like to join our team then please keep an eye out for any vacancies that will be advertised on this page.
Artisan Travel Company – Destination Manager
Your main role will to be to act as the face of Activities Abroad, Artisan Travel and The Aurora Zone in resort and provide guests with an exceptional service and ensure the smooth running of their holidays (to the best of your ability).
- Meeting and greeting guests at the airport or on arrival at the hotel (whenever possible)
- Organising and hosting welcome meetings for all guests and providing them with a welcome pack on arrival detailing key information required in resort (sometimes for up to 50 people). There may be numerous arrivals on one day meaning you may need to divide duties.
- Manage your workload and divide it accordingly to ensure the best service is provided to guests. Ensuring that guests are always able to contact you in emergencies.
- Facilitating, arranging and selling additional activities
- Responding to clients' queries (this will involve being on duty for set times each day in each destination)
- Handling client issues, such as: lost luggage or passports; allegations of theft or other crimes; problems with rooms; and health problems, injuries or even deaths
- Dealing with unforeseen 'non-client' problems, e.g. flight delays, coach strikes, weather conditions;
- Resolving any conflict with or between clients in resort where possible and liaising with suppliers and UK office to provide swift resolution.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with local suppliers and guides, liaising with the suppliers to ensure all arrangements are in place and are seamlessly provided.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the resort and the local area in order to answer clients' questions, you will be given time at start of season to do so and will build your knowledge throughout your time
- Checking hotel standards and safety procedures in line with the documentation we will provide you with
- Completing risk assessments and health and safety checks as required.
- Keeping basic accounts and records of expenses (you will be provided with credit cards for this purpose)
- Reporting to UK about improvements and suggestions at the end of stay in Finland or during if appropriate
- Helping compile training for any future representatives in the area.