Working for us
Working for Artisan Travel
We are a happy old bunch here at Artisan and through our investment in people we have, what we think, is the best team in the country. We have a wonderfully vibrant and mixed team of all ages and welcome new staff wholeheartedly.
We're based in a converted barn in rural Northumberland and aside from a fairly poor internet speed we love where we are. There are often walks in the fields at lunchtime and trips to the local farm shop for lunch – we like to make the most of the fact that we aren't city-bound and can get out and about.
We all share a common love and passion for travel, a strong responsible ethos and work exceedingly hard to ensure that our clients receive the best possible experience.
If you would like to join our team, then please keep an eye out for any vacancies that will be advertised on this page.
Artisan Travel Company – Marketing Assistant
We have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic Marketing Assistant to join our company. You will assist in idea generation, development, implementation and analysis of our marketing and communications strategy.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on professional with excellent communication skills, creative-flair, flexibility, initiative and drive.
This is a varied role and exciting role working with one of the UK’s leading tour operators.
Salary: Circa £16,000 depending on experience, benefits include 28 days annual leave and Bupa healthcare cover
DEADLINE AND APPLICATION
Monday 18th September 2017
Artisan Travel Company – Customer Service Assistant
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with close attention to detail and customer service skills to join our vibrant team in Northumberland for the coming winter season on a 25hr contract.
Based in Stannington, The Artisan Travel Company has three niche travel brands, with an unparalleled range of winter itineraries in Lapland and further afield. We are not a ski operator but provide exceptional activities and experiences including Northern Lights holidays, Father Christmas family experiences, dog sledding tours, snowmobiling....the list is long. The successful candidate will get fully involved in our busy winter season.
Reporting to our Product and Operations Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of the post-booking processes and will help ensure that our clients experience the best possible level of customer service.
Contract will likely run from early October until end of March 2018.
- Corresponding with clients to confirm all aspects of their booking
- Checking bookings to ensure that all necessary elements are in place and requests have been actioned
- Confirm and monitor the status of bookings with suppliers overseas
- Booking flights
- Work with both the Sales and Administration Teams regarding booking queries
- Recording of data and booking information for tracking purposes
- Collating and responding to client feedback post-holiday
- General administrative tasks as and when required
THE FOLLOWING ARE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM WHICH YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO ASSIST WITH
- Deal with client queries
- Process any amends to existing bookings and cancellations and forward-liaise with the Administration Team
- Process payments
- Deal swiftly and professionally with client complaints during and following holidays, liaising with all departments necessary to provide swift resolution
- Be a confident communicator who can work well under pressure but remain calm and collected
- A positive and enthusiastic person with exceptional attention to detail
- A confident individual who is able to work well with all teams in the business to provide the best outcome for the company and the clients
- Our candidate should have the ability to work well within a small team whilst managing their own workload using their excellent organisational skills
- We require an effective administrator who appreciates the need for urgency (some of the bookings are very time-sensitive) and works well under pressure
- The successful candidate will be self-confident and an excellent communicator. Must be able to liaise with departments within the company as well as overseas suppliers
- The candidate should be confident with numbers and analysing figures
- Exceptional organisational skills are required as there will always be multiple tasks underway at any one time.
- Strong English skills are essential, both written and verbal
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Confident with IT, particularly MS Excel
- Ability to prioritise and independently manage your workload
THE FOLLOWING ARE STANDARD RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ALL POSITIONS WITHIN THE COMPANY:
- Contribute to a positive working atmosphere and to the generation of good morale
- Cover other positions in the company as directed by your line manager
- Contribute to and attend meetings as required
- Contribute to regular reports as requested or necessary for role
- Participate in any staff review processes
- Take appropriate responsibilities to ensure the health and safety of self and others, this will also include cleanliness of your desk area
- Pursue the achievement of equal opportunities throughout the company
- Undertake any other tasks, roles and responsibilities as the company requires you to do irrespective of the level of the task
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT IN RETURN?
- A vibrant office environment in rural Northumberland
- 25 hours per week (may include some Saturdays)
- Flexible working hours can be discussed
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: Meets minimum wage
Artisan Travel Company – Destination Manager
Your main role will to be to act as the face of Activities Abroad, Artisan Travel and The Aurora Zone in resort and provide guests with an exceptional service and ensure the smooth running of their holidays (to the best of your ability).
- Meeting and greeting guests at the airport or on arrival at the hotel (whenever possible)
- Organising and hosting welcome meetings for all guests and providing them with a welcome pack on arrival detailing key information required in resort (sometimes for up to 50 people). There may be numerous arrivals on one day meaning you may need to divide duties.
- Manage your workload and divide it accordingly to ensure the best service is provided to guests. Ensuring that guests are always able to contact you in emergencies.
- Facilitating, arranging and selling additional activities
- Responding to clients' queries (this will involve being on duty for set times each day in each destination)
- Handling client issues, such as: lost luggage or passports; allegations of theft or other crimes; problems with rooms; and health problems, injuries or even deaths
- Dealing with unforeseen 'non-client' problems, e.g. flight delays, coach strikes, weather conditions;
- Resolving any conflict with or between clients in resort where possible and liaising with suppliers and UK office to provide swift resolution.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with local suppliers and guides, liaising with the suppliers to ensure all arrangements are in place and are seamlessly provided.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the resort and the local area in order to answer clients' questions, you will be given time at start of season to do so and will build your knowledge throughout your time
- Checking hotel standards and safety procedures in line with the documentation we will provide you with
- Completing risk assessments and health and safety checks as required.
- Keeping basic accounts and records of expenses (you will be provided with credit cards for this purpose)
- Reporting to UK about improvements and suggestions at the end of stay in Finland or during if appropriate
- Helping compile training for any future representatives in the area.
Artisan Travel Company – Travel Sales Expert
The Artisan Travel Company operating as The Aurora Zone, Artisan Travel and Activities Abroad are looking for a talented key individual to join the Sales Team based in Stannington, Northumberland.
You will be a result driven person who ideally has experience of working in a sales environment. Comfortable with working to targets you will be required (after training) to have a complete knowledge of our products and have the ability to up-sell, promote sales and maximise revenue. This is a full time role consisting of daytime shifts 5 days over 6 which will fluctuate with the demands of the business.
• Friendly and outgoing, with outstanding people skills, and the ability to build rapport with customers quickly and effectively via telephone/email
• High degree of flexibility and ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure
• Ability to prioritise and manage your workload
• Excellent attention to detail
• The ability to learn quickly
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Comfortable with responsibility and accountability for workload
• Ability to work without supervision and work pro-actively
• An interest (and ideally some form of previous experience) in the travel industry/travelling
• Respond appropriately to all sales enquiries in a professional manner and in line with the specific brand ensuring the company K.P.I.s are met.
• To achieve weekly and monthly sales and revenue targets
• Maintain and consistently add to knowledge of all products
• Support colleagues’ customers to ensure that they receive an excellent level of customer service in the absence of their Travel Expert.
• Record client data in line with company K.P.I.s
What can you expect in return?
• A vibrant and exciting office environment in rural Northumberland
• Potential for multiple overseas travel opportunities
• Opportunity of a permanent position for right candidate
• Generous benefits package including BUPA health coverage
• Salary range £19K-21K per annum
Required license or certification:
• Drivers Licence
Please click here to read the full job description.