Working for us
Working for Artisan Travel
We are a happy old bunch here at Artisan and through our investment in people we have, what we think, is the best team in the country. We have a wonderfully vibrant and mixed team of all ages and welcome new staff wholeheartedly.
We're based in a converted barn in rural Northumberland and aside from a temperamental internet speed, we love where we are. There are often walks in the fields at lunchtime and trips to the local farm shop for lunch – we like to make the most of the fact that we aren't city-bound and can get out and about.
We all share a common love and passion for travel, a strong responsible ethos and work exceedingly hard to ensure that our clients receive the best possible experience.
If you would like to join our team, then please keep an eye out for any vacancies that will be advertised on this page.
Please note that our Responsible Travel policy dictates that we put as much into the economies where we work as possible. This means that we always employ local people in the countries in which we operate. Consequently, we do not have overseas employment opportunities except for seasonal work as representatives.
Marketing Coordinator - Maternity Cover
The Artisan Travel Company operating as three individual travel brands The Aurora Zone, Artisan Travel and Activities Abroad are looking for an experienced and talented marketer to join their team based in Stannington, Northumberland. This is a full-time post for 35 hours per week and is available on a fixed term contract to cover 15 months of maternity leave from mid December 2019 until March 2021.
The Artisan Travel Company is an independently owned specialist tour operator providing exceptional travel experiences for families and adults alike.
First established in 2002, we now have a collection of three independent brands, all built and managed by the same group of travel experts based in Northumberland.
The Aurora Zone is the original and the only dedicated Northern Lights specialist tour operator, offering the widest range of Northern Lights Holidays for adults across Finland, Sweden, Norway and Iceland.
Activities Abroad specialise in year-round active family holidays, taking in Europe, Scandinavia and some spectacular long-haul destinations. We use our own families’ experiences to craft award-winning family holidays.
Artisan Travel specialises in holiday experiences in extraordinary destinations, providing year-round travel itineraries for adults. Destinations include Scandinavia, Iceland, Greenland, North America and the Mediterranean.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic Marketing Coordinator to join our company. You will be an integral part of the team helping to lead idea generation, development, implementation and analysis of our marketing and communications strategy.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills, creative-flair, technical knowledge, flexibility, initiative and drive.
This is a senior multifaceted marketing role working for one UK’s leading Tour Operators.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be an expert and inspirational member of the Marketing team keeping up-to-date with marketing strategies and potential new channels to keep us ahead of current trends
- Audit the websites on a daily basis to ensure all content and copy is optimised, error-free and relevant for the target audience.
- Taking the lead role in CMS management for our three websites. Liaising with our external web agency, using their project management system to log and track website errors, new development work, as well as launching and testing web updates.
- Working effectively with our external PR agency, with strong product knowledge you’ll work to identify angles to generate media interest for our three distinct brands.
- To contribute towards ad-hoc creative copy writing for promotional purposes, including our e-newsletters and website copy such as landing pages and blogs.
- To proof read and edit promotional materials such as adverts, press releases, email campaigns and new website content.
- To produce monthly performance reports for each of the three brands.
- Work collaboratively with the wider team to facilitate a consistent brand voice and message across all channels.
- To log invoices against marketing spend and track annual budgets for each brand.
- To undertake other general office administration duties as necessary.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar Marketing role.
- Website management experience.
- Comprehensive experience of website Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Experience working with external agencies and working in project management ‘ticket’ systems.
- An excellent standard of literacy and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and helpful personality with an enthusiastic approach.
- Ability to work individually, and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work in response to ad hoc requests and unexpected developments.
- Proactive, with a creative flair – ideas driven.
- Problem solving of day to day issues as they arise with the initiative to find solutions.
- Experience or genuine interest in the travel sector.
- Experience in a B2C environment.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Experience of Joomla Content Management System (CMS).
- Knowledge of SEO and PPC campaigns.
- Knowledge of using email broadcasting systems such as Pure360.
35 hours a week, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
£22,000 with 28 days annual leave
DEADLINE AND APPLICATION
Monday 9th December 2019
Your main role will be to act as the face of Activities Abroad, Artisan Travel and The Aurora Zone in the resort and provide guests with an exceptional service and ensure the smooth running of their holidays (to the best of your ability).
- Meeting and greeting guests at the airport or on arrival at the hotel (whenever possible)
- Organising and hosting welcome meetings for all guests and providing them with a welcome pack on arrival detailing key information required in the resort (sometimes for up to 50 people). There may be numerous arrivals on one day meaning you may need to divide duties.
- Manage your workload and divide it accordingly to ensure the best service is provided to guests. Ensuring that guests are always able to contact you in emergencies.
- Facilitating, arranging and selling additional activities
- Responding to clients' queries (this will involve being on duty at set times each day in each destination)
- Handling client issues, such as lost luggage or passports, allegations of theft or other crimes, problems with rooms and health problems, injuries or even deaths
- Dealing with unforeseen 'non-client' problems, e.g. flight delays, coach strikes, weather conditions;
- Resolving any conflict with or between clients in the resort where possible and liaising with suppliers and UK office to provide swift resolution.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with local suppliers and guides, liaising with the suppliers to ensure all arrangements are in place and are seamlessly provided.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the resort and the local area in order to answer clients' questions, you will be given time at start of season to do so and will build your knowledge throughout your time
- Checking hotel standards and safety procedures in line with the documentation we will provide you with
- Completing risk assessments and health and safety checks as required.
- Keeping basic accounts and records of expenses (you will be provided with credit cards for this purpose)
- Reporting to the UK office about improvements and suggestions at the end of stay in Finland or during if appropriate
- Helping compile training for any future representatives in the area
- Applicants must have a full, clean UK driving license