Nature’s greatest light show dancing in the Arctic skies above your head is a truly unforgettable and breath-taking sight. If you would like to discuss your chances of seeing the Northern Lights during your winter holiday, talk to our Artisan Travel Experts today on 01670 785 085. We’ll help you choose the best destinations and activities to increase your chances of seeing the elusive Aurora Borealis.
Where to see the Northern Lights
Our winter holidays to Finland, Sweden, Norway, Iceland and Canada give you an excellent chance of seeing the Northern Lights. Though many of our destinations give you the opportunity to see the Aurora Borealis by simply stepping outside in the evenings, we also offer an array of dedicated Northern Lights activities to get you on the hunt for the lights in memorable ways. From searching on a snowmobile in Ranua, Finland to travelling in a 4 x 4 jeep in Iceland, even without the Northern Lights, you’ll have an experience to remember.
Unfortunately, the Northern Lights cannot be guaranteed as they rest in the hands of Mother Nature. Nevertheless, your chances during many of our holidays are enhanced with evening safaris, expert local guides and remote locations.
Northern Lights holidays
If the Northern Lights are your main motivation for travel, then we highly recommend our sister company, The Aurora Zone. Whilst many of the destinations on offer are the same as here at Artisan Travel, the itineraries are designed to give you the best possibility of seeing the Northern Lights. What’s more, The Aurora Zone is the UK’s original tour operator solely dedicated to offering Northern Lights holidays, with every trip having been carefully handcrafted by its team of Aurora Travel Experts and local guides.Read more
The Aurora Zone has developed its own unique Northern Lights hunting formula based on 6 factors:
- To hunt for the Northern Lights, you need dark skies. All of our holiday destinations are away from light pollution to provide the best backdrop to any potential light display.
- Local guides and experts are utilised as they have unparalleled knowledge of their regions and the best places to view the Northern Lights. We share this local knowledge ethos here at Artisan Travel.
- Aurora holidays are all situated within the Aurora Zone; determined by the latitudes between which the Northern Lights can be seen most frequently. All holidays featured by The Aurora Zone are within this region and many of our Artisan destinations are also within this zone, simply ask our Artisan Travel Experts for details.
- Aurora alerts and innovative accommodation provide excellent Northern Lights viewing opportunities. Many destinations featured on The Aurora Zone include Aurora Alerts as a helpful hunting aid. There are also exceptional accommodation options including glass igloos and Aurora domes. At Artisan Travel, we can arrange for you to hire an alert in many of our destinations and we also have special accommodation choices on offer.
- Mobility is key when hunting the Aurora. This is because you need to be able to escape any localised cloud cover. Therefore, many of our holidays include searches by various forms of transport including snowmobile and minibus.
- As is the case with Artisan Travel, The Aurora Zone also offer a variety of itinerary paces so you can choose the holiday to suit you. What’s more, our Aurora Travel Experts are always on hand to help you decide on the best Northern Lights holiday for you. Simply call The Aurora Zone on 01670 785 012 to get started.