Accommodation / Norway
Hamn i Senja
Hamn i Senja can be found on the island of Senja - an idyllic Norwegian fishing village, surrounded by dramatic mountainous scenery. This perfect, peaceful location is an absolute must for those with a genuine appreciation of natural beauty. As Norway’s second largest island after Svalbard, Senja can be found midway between Tromsø and Harstad and offers its guests a beautiful array of diverse island scenery with spectacular views of the surrounding fjords, islets and mountains.
The name of ‘Hamn’ means harbour and the location that Hamn i Senja resides within has roots dating back to the 1880s as a traditional fishing village. There is a wonderful historical feel as well as a perfect peaceful location directly on the harbour front.
The hotel was recently refurbished so offers a high standard of modern facilities for its guests.
- A stylish restaurant where you will enjoy a delicious range of home-cooked meals (including freshly caught local fish)
- The Cognac Saloon is the hotel's on-site bar which is open throughout the day and evening so guests can enjoy a coffee and chat with friends or relax and wind down with a Cognac later on in the evening
- For those moments where you wish to relax you can enjoy the sauna and sauna chamber
- Free Wi-Fi is available in all of the public areas and some of the rooms
- You can spend the evening in the hotel's Lighthouse and the very quirky hot tub made from a converted fishing boat (payable locally). The Lighthouse (a short walk from the hotel) offers a spectacular vantage point of the harbour and north-facing views of the sky, which means that you can enjoy a wonderful view of the Midnight Sun (depending on which time of year you are visiting)
- A range of activities can be added onto your trip via the hotel such as fishing, boat trips and whale watching trips
Guest bedroom types
SUITES: The suites are located in three buildings. Each suite has two bedrooms with two beds (which can be made up as either twins or doubles). Facilities in the suites include a kitchenette area, a lounge area with TV and view of the harbour, dining area, a shower room and a hairdryer.
The hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi and towels.
01670 785 085