Accommodation / Norway
Hamn i Senja
Hamn i Senja can be found on the island of Senja - an idyllic Norwegian fishing village, surrounded by dramatic mountainous scenery. This perfect, peaceful location is an absolute must for those with a genuine appreciation of natural beauty. As Norway’s second largest island after Svalbard, Senja can be found midway between Tromsø and Harstad and offers its guests a beautiful array of diverse island scenery with spectacular views of the surrounding fjords, islets and mountains.
The name of ‘Hamn’ means harbour and the location that Hamn i Senja resides within has roots dating back to the 1880s as a traditional fishing village. There is a wonderful historical feel as well as a perfect peaceful location directly on the harbour front.
The hotel was recently refurbished so offers a high standard of modern facilities for its guests.
- A stylish restaurant where you will enjoy a delicious range of home-cooked meals (including freshly caught local fish)
- The Cognac Saloon is the hotel's on-site bar which is open throughout the day and evening so guests can enjoy a coffee and chat with friends or relax and wind down with a Cognac later on in the evening
- For those moments where you wish to relax you can enjoy the sauna and sauna chamber
- Free Wi-Fi is available in all of the public areas and some of the rooms
- The majority of our trips give you the opportunity to enjoy the hotel's Lighthouse and the very quirky hot tub made from a converted fishing boat (see 'What's included' for details). The Lighthouse (a short walk from the hotel) offers a spectacular vantage point of the harbour and north facing views of the sky, which means that you can enjoy a wonderful view of the Midnight Sun (depending on which time of year you are visiting)
- A range of activities can be added onto your trip via the hotel such as fishing, boat trips and whale watching trips
Guest bedroom types
The large suites are located in three buildings.
Each suite has two bedrooms with two beds (which can be made up as either twins or doubles). Facilities in the suites include a fully equipped kitchen area, a lounge area with TV and view of the harbour, dining area, a shower room and a hairdryer.
The hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi and towels.
01670 785 085