Accommodation / Finland
Harriniva Wilderness Hotel
Ideally located in the north-west corner of Finland, high above the Arctic Circle and in the very heart of the Aurora Zone, Harriniva Wilderness Hotel serves as a perfect base for your adventure holiday.
Owned and run by the Pietikäinen family, the hotel has developed a growing reputation for its warm ambience and the large range of enjoyable activities on offer.
The hotel has a range of facilities that have been designed to make your stay here as enjoyable as possible.
- There is free Wi-Fi throughout for guest use, in our experience, we have found it works best in the main reception and dining area
- The hotel restaurant consists of three separate dining areas. The meals are served in a buffet style with two or three choices for each course. The food here is hearty and wholesome
- The hotel also has a pub serving a range of beers, wines and spirits - this is the perfect place to unwind and relax with your fellow guests in the evening
- Tea and coffee are available throughout the day at reception, but it is not free of charge, so we would recommend taking a travel kettle if this is of particular importance to you
- In the main reception area of the hotel, you will find a small gift shop selling a range of postcards, soft toys and handcrafted products. There is also a selection of snacks that can be purchased
- A sauna is available for guest use with separate facilities for men and women. This is free of charge and is heated every evening for around three hours
- The hotel also has an Aurora Wellness Centre (situated a short walk away on the riverbank), where you can enjoy a range of therapies such as facials or massages. A real treat after a day of sapping up the pristine wilderness! During peak periods, we would strongly recommend booking therapies in advance through reception (all payable locally)
- Snowshoes and cross-country skis are available to hire for a small charge and there are marked trails surrounding the hotel for those with some experience. For those interested in downhill skiing, the reception will be able to arrange a taxi to the nearby ski resort of Olos (payable locally).
Double/twin rooms: Harriniva has 64 guest bedrooms which consist of twin or double rooms. Triple rooms are also available on request. Decorated in traditional Scandinavian style, all rooms have an en-suite shower room and a hairdryer.
Safari House: For those travelling on our longer husky or snowmobile experiences, your nights before and after setting out on your adventure you will stay either at one of the Pietikäinen family’s three hotels (in a shared room) or a safari house located near the Harriniva Wilderness Hotel (max distance of around 5km). If you are staying in one of the hotels then you will enjoy your evening meal in that hotel restaurant, if you are staying in one of the safari houses the hotel will provide a minibus to take you to dinner. You will be provided will full information regarding your accommodation for the first and final nights of your stay upon arrival. If you would like to upgrade to a private en-suite hotel room for the start and end of your stay then please ask our Travel Experts for a quotation. If you are staying in one of the Safari Houses then each has sleeping facilities, a shower room, toilet, hairdryer and a sauna.
Wilderness plus rooms: These recently renovated rooms include double/twin beds and an unfolding sofa suitable for 1 adult or 2 children. Decorated in traditional Scandinavian style, all rooms have an en-suite shower room and a hairdryer, as well as a small seating area
Image Credits: Matt Robinson, Emmi Kähkönen, Harriniva Hotels & Safaris
01670 785 085