You’ll find Malangen Brygger on the banks of the Malangen Fjord around 90 minutes away from Tromsø by car. This is a truly spectacular location with fjord views from all the apartment accommodation. When we say that these apartments are on the water’s edge we really mean it; the water laps under their balconies at full tide!
Each apartment is individually owned so there’s no standardised decor here, just typical Scandinavian design flair.
The apartments are all built within a very short walk to the main building where your meals will be served in the excellent restaurant.
There’s also a couple of rather special features here that you may want to use during your stay; a glass-fronted sauna and an outdoor hot tub both of which have great views.
Malangen is very definitely a place for rest, relaxation and downtime. There’s wireless internet access but other than that, evening entertainment is about simply unwinding with a good book or a sauna....or both.
- The hotel has a fantastic restaurant with the head chef creating a magical fusion of Norwegian ingredients and traditions combined with French cooking styles. Given the hotel’s location right on the fjord, there is a wealth of seafood on the menu which also features ingredients such lamb, moose and reindeer too. Please note that, during the summer months, the restaurant has reduced opening hours in the evening and breakfast baskets are provided in the morning for you to eat in your accommodation
- The glass-fronted sauna which looks out across the fjord is highly recommended during your stay
- The hotel has a bar area with a reasonable choice of wines and beer. Being in Norway, however, drinks can be a little pricey so please keep this in mind when budgeting for your trip. Please note that, during the summer months, the bar area has reduced opening hours
- Wi-Fi is free of charge in the public areas and some of the rooms do have access
Guest room types
Standard double room
These rooms are all individually decorated featuring photographs of the surrounding nature and scenery captured by a local photographer. All of the rooms have en-suite bathroom facilities. These 18 m² rooms all boast a Hästens double bed and tea and coffee making facilities.
Apartment with sea view
The apartments are located a very short walk from the main hotel building right down on the frozen water’s edge. The apartments are larger than the other room types at 45 m². The apartment’s main attraction is the spectacular panoramic views over the Fjord. There is also a fully fitted kitchen in the apartments however due to the remote location we would recommend stocking up on any supplies either before leaving home or during your time in Tromsø.
- The apartments each have two separate bedrooms one with a double bed and one with bunk beds
- There is a comfortable lounge area to relax outside of planned activities
- The apartments have Wi-Fi internet access
- All apartments have private bathroom and shower facilities
Image credits: Malangen Brygger
01670 785 085