Dawn grew up in a very small village in Warwickshire and came to the travel industry in a bit of a roundabout way after studying a degree in History. After moving north to Newcastle, she started working for the company in June 2012 and has recently become our Office Manager.
She has been lucky to have travelled across Scandinavia and her absolute favourite experiences were in Iceland where she toured the south shore, west coast and spent time in Reykjavik on a self-drive trip, taking in the Golden Circle, Blue Lagoon and the huge variety of scenery across the island. She loved it so much she managed to persuade her husband to spend her honeymoon there too!
A close second to this experience was an autumn trip to Sweden where she witnessed the beautiful changing colours of the trees and the long daylight hours.
Her favourite destination is the Snæfellsnes Peninsula in western Iceland because the landscape is strikingly beautiful, filled with fjords, towering sea cliffs, beaches and lava fields. She quite frankly adores the main town of Stykkishólmur here, a delightful fishing village filled with colourful houses and quaint cafés.
- Driving her own dog sled team across the wilds of Finland
- Boat trips through the majestic fjords of Norway
- Exploring geographical wonders such as the geysers and waterfalls in Iceland
- Curling up in front of the fire after a long day exploring in the Arctic
- Learning about the history and culture of remote regions and peoples such as the Sámi culture in Lapland