Accommodation / Finland
Hotel Jeris occupies an enviable location which is 20 kilometres from the nearest town and is located directly on the shores of Lake Jerisjärvi. It is this remote position that makes the hotel an enchanting forest retreat, with the amazing backdrops of the forested fells and frozen water.
The hotel is owned and run by the Pietikäinen family, who also manage the neighbouring sister hotels of Harriniva, Kittila, and Torassieppi.
Their hotels are some of our most popular accommodation options in Finland, having received high praise for their knowledgeable guides and exciting activity options.
The hotel consists of a central building and 32 winter cottages in the adjacent forest.
- Your meals will be served in the hotel restaurant, which offers a rustic menu of traditional and local Finnish dishes. Meals are served buffet-style with one or two options for each course. Guests can enjoy local delicacies, such as salmon and reindeer. The hearty food here is ideal for setting you up for your adventures in the snow.
- There is a small lounge area where guests can relax in the evening and take advantage of the hotel's free Wi-Fi.
- Tea and coffee are available free of charge throughout the day in the hotel restaurant / bar area.
- The Arctic Elements Sauna World is a very popular feature and can be found on the lakeshore, a short walk from the main hotel building. Renovated for winter 2019/20 and the first of its kind in Finland, the spa has strong eco-credentials thanks to using entirely renewable electricity and geothermal heating generated from the Jerisjärvi lake. There are four saunas, each meticulously designed to incorporate the four elements; earth, air, fire and water and named after Finnish gods and goddesses. There are four saunas, each representing one of the four elements; earth, air, fire and water. A special fifth Northern Lights sauna is also available as an upgrade option. For those who wish to experience a Finnish tradition, there is also an ice pool to take a dip in following the sauna (you do need to be in good physical shape). Guests staying in either the cabins or the hotel rooms normally have one spa entry per holiday included. If you wish to visit more than once then this can be arranged and paid for locally with reception.
- A small selection of souvenirs is available for guests to purchase (including postcards and local handicrafts and snacks) in the reception area.
Guest bedroom types
Double/twin rooms: In the main hotel building at Jeris there are 27 comfortable traditional bedrooms. All guest bedrooms have an en-suite shower room, a drying cupboard and television.
Please note: A limited amount of hairdryers are available from reception.
Image credits: Emmi Kähkönen - Harriniva Hotel and Safaris
01670 785 085