Accommodation / Finland
Torassieppi Winter Village
Located on the edge of Pallas Ylläs National Park, Torassieppi Winter Village is a marvellous construction of ice and snow, which is built anew each season. The winter village is surrounded by a picturesque backdrop of forested-fells and frozen lakes.
It is located next to Torassieppi Reindeer Farm, where you will enjoy breakfast following your night in a cold room.
The Winter Village is an exhilarating and unique place to spend the night.
- The Winter Village consists of approximately ten cold bedrooms where guests sleep;
- There are also further ice and snow constructions for you to explore including a snow chapel and an ice restaurant;
- Whilst you will sleep in the cold room, breakfast will be enjoyed in the warm building of Torassieppi Reindeer Farm. Here you will be served a hearty buffet breakfast. Torassieppi aims to use as much locally sourced and organic food as possible;
- You will also have access to the warming sauna;
- There is free Wi-Fi available throughout the main restaurant building.
Guest bedroom types
Torassieppi has approximately ten snow rooms which are constructed anew each year inside large snow igloos. Beds are made of snow and ice, which are covered with a mattress and plenty of reindeer skins (both wonderful insulators). You will be kitted out with an Arctic grade sleeping bag and so you should stay warm. The indoor temperature of around -5°C is fairly consistent no matter what the weather is doing outside.
Please note: prices are based on you spending the first or last night of your holiday in this unique accommodation and not keeping your original accommodation. If you would like to do this on any other night during your holiday you will need to keep your accommodation and supplements will apply.
Image credits: Antti Pietikäinen, Matt Robinson, Credit Emmi KäHköNen, Harriniva Hotel And Safaris
01670 785 085