Accommodation / Finland
Torassieppi Reindeer Farm and Winter Cottages
Located on the edge of Lake Torasjarvi, and bordering the Pallas Ylläs National Park, Torassieppi Reindeer Farm is situated in one of the most picturesque wilderness areas in Finland.
The farm building dates back to 1847 making it one of the oldest in the area. Today it has been lovingly renovated and accommodation has been added near by so that guests can stay in this spectacular spot.
Here they offer guests a choice of accommodation, in winter cottage rooms or in detached winter cottages.
Facilities at Torassieppi:
- Torassieppi has a central restaurant and reception building which is a short walk from the rooms and winter cottages. A roaring fire accompanies the evening meals which include as much local produce as possible Typically they are served in a buffet format and include traditional Finnish ingredients such as reindeer (of course dietary requirements are also catered for)
- There is no bar but alcohol can be purchased from the restaurant so it can be enjoyed with your evening meal
- The reception building also has a small gift shop area which sells a variety of local crafts, including reindeer hides and traditional carved Kuksa cups
- Tea and coffee are available free of charge throughout the day in the hotel restaurant / bar area.
- There are two lakeside saunas at Torassieppi which are both heated in the evenings for guests to use. Separate facilities are provided for both men and women
- There is free Wi-Fi in the main restaurant building
- During the winter months, the nearby Torassieppi Winter Village is carved out of snow and you can personalise your stay by adding an overnight in one of the amazing snow igloos. You may also choose to add a night of Arctic glamping in one of the famous Aurora Domes, which are only a short walk away from the main building and available all year round. Please see our personalise section for further details of both options
- A perfect spot to search for the Aurora, there are also a few wooden benches on the edge of the frozen lake, which are ideal for enjoying the expansive wilderness and hopefully a Northern Lights display or two
Guest room types
Winter Cottage Bedrooms:
There are only 8 rooms at Torassieppi and these are housed within wooden winter cottage buildings which are a short walk from the main restaurant, nestled in amongst the trees. Each room has its own entrance. The rooms are typically twins but can be made up as doubles. The rooms are spacious and have en suite shower rooms, hair dryers a kettle and coffee maker.
Detached winter cottage:
Torassieppi offers 8 detached winter cottages to which you can upgrade. The cottages are ideal for those who want more space or for larger groups of people. Located close to the main restaurant, they are only a short walk away through the snow-laden trees and close to the frozen lake beyond.
The smaller cottages contain a fireplace, living room area, toilet, shower, hairdryer and kitchenette. There are two bedrooms, one with twin beds and another with three beds (including a set of bunk beds). These can accommodate two to five people, we feel they are ideal for 3 or 4 adults.
Torassieppi also has some larger cottages and these have their own sauna in addition to the fireplaces. The larger cottages offer a living room area, toilet, shower, hairdryer and kitchenette with a kettle. They have two bedrooms which have twin beds and a sleeping alcove with bunk beds. Whilst they can sleep up to 6 people, we feel that they are most suited to 4 or 5 adults.
Please contact our Travel Experts for a quotation if you would like to upgrade to a winter cottage.
01670 785 085