Barry was raised and educated in Bournemouth and made his way north in 1983 via three years at Liverpool University, where he graduated with a degree in History. Following an initial career in customer service and sales management he has been with the company since day one and has helped pioneer and develop many destinations and now brings this experience to the whole sales team.
He will always remember his very first experience of the Northern Lights in 2003....unexpectedly and majestically appearing in the night sky over Jeris as he arrived from the airport...it was truly inspirational. He has a particular love of Abisko in Sweden not just for the incredibly beautiful and rugged landscape but because of the warmth of the people and it was a natural choice for him to combine Abisko and Harriniva with an overnight husky experience as part of his 50th birthday celebrations.
He has also extensive experience of many of our summer destinations including Turkey, Gozo, Corsica and Catalonia, which have re-ignited his passion for the history and culture of these regions and in the case of Corsica some truly fabulous walking and trekking routes.
• Overnight Husky Safari, Harriniva: A simply amazing and unique experience. Five hours of guiding your own team of dogs to a wilderness cabin, where you will experience true silence apart from the occasional howl of a husky as it settles down in the night. If you want to find peace and serenity then this is how you do it.
• Discovering the rich history and culture of Turkey and visiting Ephesus and the Lycian Coast. For anybody with even a passing interest in world history this region of Turkey was the inspiration for many of the cultures of the world which followed.
• Exploring the rich history and beautiful landscapes of Catalonia including visiting the Dali Museum in Figueres – a must for lovers of art!
• A night in the Snowhotel, Kirkenes: Surreal and definitely something you need to experience...sleeping in a Snowhotel with reindeer skin covering the ice.
• King Crab Safari, Kirkenes: The only place in the world where you find the famous King Crab and it is indeed a delicacy worth savouring.
• Rib Boat Safari, Lofoten Islands viewing Sea Eagles: The Lofoten Islands are simply amazing in terms of their scenery and a rib safari to Svolvaer allows you to see and photograph majestic Sea Eagles. A fantastic and exhilarating way to explore the rich coastline of these islands.
• Snowmobiling across Lake Inari: The vast expanse of Lake Inari is the perfect location to experience how much fun it is to be on a snowmobile under the watchful guidance of experienced leaders. You can appreciate the scenery and there are no trees to inconvenience you.
- Sweden: The IceHotel® Abisko Tarendo Lappeasuando Kiruna
- Norway: Kirkenes The Snowhotel Alta The Igloo Hotel Karasjok Tromsø Lofoten Islands Spitsbergen Bergen Trondheim, North Cape
- Finland: Harriniva Jeris Torassieppi Kittila Menesjärvi Nellim Inari Luosto Kuusamo Ranua Saija Kuhmo Ruka
- Iceland: Reykjavik Gulfoss, Geysers, Blue Lagoon
- Costa Rica
- South Africa