Alex developed her lust for adventure travel from an early age and this love for the outdoors led her to study Adventure Education at University and since then she has never looked back. After moving to Northumberland in 2009 for the beautiful beaches and rolling countryside, she joined the Artisan Travel sales team in March 2017.
Alex’s first escape with Artisan Travel took her to the depths of Finland in the winter where she visited Ivalo. Alex was left amazed by how beautifully pristine the Lapland landscape was and was lucky to sample some of our winter activities. She fulfilled her bucket list dream of driving a team of dogs across a winter wonderland landscape, tried her hand at traditional Finnish ice fishing and drove a snowmobile across frozen Lake Inari. After her time in Finland, Alex headed north across the border to Northern Norway and experienced the highlights of Tromsø and Kirkenes, as well as seeing the ethereal Northern Lights for the first time!
Alex has spent a lot of her life so far exploring the many wonders of the world, but in particular, she cherishes her time spent in Southern Peru as a School Expedition Leader. From taking in the splendour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas in Cusco to hiking Machu Picchu, visiting the fantastic Uros Islands on Lake Titicaca and spending some time in the Amazon Rainforest, it’s a place truly in her heart which she would recommend to every traveller.
- Eating king crab in Kirkenes, Norway
- Visiting the Sámi Siida centre in Finnish Lapland
- Walking the walls around the old town of Dubrovnik at sunset
- Stepping aboard the small ships that we use on our Croatia cruises
- Driving my own team of huskies on a winter safari
- Experiencing a true Finnish spa experience in the depths of the wilderness
- Seeing the Northern Lights for the first time!