Artisan Travel Customer Information on Coronavirus
Our primary concern throughout has been to ensure the safety of our guests and to act as quickly as possible to make new arrangements for those impacted, or to provide refunds where possible. Our team has worked exceptionally hard to ensure that this happens.
We have also been working with our local partners throughout to ensure that our mutual responsibilities are met and that we all come out of this very difficult situation fighting fit.
We have been exceptionally grateful and touched by the overwhelmingly positive response from our guests who had their holidays either cut short or unavoidably cancelled due to constantly developing government guidance and restrictions. Most of our guests who were not able to travel as planned in early 2020 have now successfully rearranged to a new departure date in 2021 to enjoy the holidays they were originally looking forward to; we promise they will be worth the wait!
Our local partners most of which are a small family-owned businesses most of which we have worked with for many years, have been outstanding both in working with our operations team to accommodate and assist our guests as events unfolded during their holiday, but also when rearranging bookings to alternative dates. Together we have been able to secure some high-value benefits for those guests who could not travel and have since postponed.
Future bookings and holidays
We are constantly monitoring the advice provided by the UK Government and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, as well as the guidance provided by the governments in our destinations.
Holidays scheduled to depart before 30th June 2020
For any holidays due to depart before the end of June, our Customer Service Team will have already been in contact to discuss the options available to you. If you have any further questions, then please do not hesitate to contact them.
If your trip departs on or after 1st July 2020:
Our team will continue to monitor local conditions, the FCO and all relevant governmental advice. We will update guests a minimum of 30 days prior to departure and we expect the final decision regarding travel will be made at 21 days prior to departure which is in keeping with industry guidelines.
If your trip departs on, or after 1st November 2020:
All of our winter holidays are expected to run as originally planned.
The situation across Scandinavia currently looks exceptionally positive. There have been a range of approaches from Finland, Sweden, Norway and Iceland but domestic travel is now open in all four countries and no serious COVID-19 outbreaks have impacted our remote destinations.
We continue to monitor local conditions, the FCO and all relevant governmental advice and will continue to review all trips. We will update guests a minimum of 30 days prior to departure and we
Further advice for UK travellers
Though we endeavour to inform our customers of any significant changes, this is a fast-moving situation and therefore we also ask for our travellers to keep up-to-date with the relevant travel advice.
UK health authorities www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
FCO travel advice www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
The National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC) TravelHealthPro website travelhealthpro.org.uk/countries
The NHS website www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19